Monday, August 23, 2010

Buccaneers and Big Bird

We had a fantastic weekend in Tampa. We went to a pre-season NFL game to cheer on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. We sat below the huge pirate ship and it was a lot of fun. Throughout the game, they would throw necklaces and t-shirts to eager hands below. Sam loved it! Sam has had a fascination with all kinds of boats lately, and so to combine a pirate ship with watching football was the perfect storm of pure joy for our little Sam-man (And daddy too).

Sam cheering on the Buccaneers

And having fun with Daddy

We also spent some time at Busch Gardens while we were in Tampa. Sam was so excited to see all of the Sesame Street characters!


We had a wonderful time!

Sam learns so many new words every day, it is such a fun stage!

Cute things he has said this week:

The other day I walked over to him while he was playing and asked him, "Hey, whats going on?" and he replied "Not much." Thats it. "Not much." Like he is suddenly all grown up and playing with cars is so tiresome that he dismissively says, "Not much." Sorry kiddo, I need you to stay a toddler a lot longer! :)

Yesterday, while playing with two trucks, he had the red one say to the blue one, "I love you." And then he took the blue one and said "I love you too!" to the red one. He is so fun and loving, he tells us he loves us all the time. My favorite is when I will be sitting working on something, and he'll run really fast right by the room I'm in, and then he'll stop, and peak his head back in, and say "I love you Mommy" and then run off again. I'm one lucky Mommy. :)

1 comment:

  1. AWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! I love it!!! It sounds like he's calming down a little bit ;-) I bet he's so fun though and I can just hear him say those cute little things! We will definitely have to get together soon! I must come visit!

    ReplyDelete