Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Trip to Spokane

Sam and I have been visiting in Spokane for my cousin's wedding, and we've enjoyed every minute. We wish Aaron could have come with us, but he is busy with work and school, and couldn't take time off. He is taking a couple of really big exams this week, so he is pretty busy preparing for those.

We've really enjoyed staying with my Grandma and Grandpa McDermott. Sam has loved exploring their house! My Grandparents have a small statue of Jesus with His arms outstretched in their living room, and Sam likes to give Jesus a High-Five whenever he walks by the statue.

It has been so fun having cousins around for Sam to play with! Yesterday we took the kids to a children's museum, and there were so many fun activities for the kids. Unfortunately, Sam had missed his nap that day, so he was a little on edge. He had a lot of fun in the beginning, but it didn't take long for him to get worn out and practice his new tantrum throwing skills. So, this first picture of him smiling was taken towards the beginning. He found a fireman's hat and tried to wear it the whole time. He also found a race track where he could ride around on some neat cars, so he was having a blast.

My sister Brittany took this next picture towards the end...it had been a long day. The only way I could get him to relax was to hold him slightly upside down - I know, I won't be expecting any mother-of-the-year award any time soon. At the moment of the picture, I was feeling pretty defeated, but part of being a mom is figuring out how to handle toddler meltdowns. I'm still learning. :)

Other than a few rough day's without a nap, Sam is as happy as a clam. We love our Sam!

1 comment:

  1. I do that with Jack sometimes so he doesn't cry. I wonder why it works. Glad you are having fun!

    ReplyDelete