Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thomas the Train, Disney, and 2nd Trimester

A little while ago, Kimball and Shelley came to visit, and we had a wonderful time. We took Sam to "A day out with Thomas" and we rode an actual, life-size Thomas train. Sam was thrilled :). Below is a picture of Aaron and Sam on the train ride.
We also spent more time at Disney, and Sam was delirious with joy. He NEVER tires of going to Disneyworld. It is almost eerie how well he knows his way around the parks. As we walk around the park, he knows which ride or attraction is up ahead, before we even see it. That child has been to Disney more times than should be allowed (for the parent's sanity) and yet he never wavers in his enthusiasm for good 'ole Mickey Mouse. We forgot our camera so I don't have any pictures to post of our most recent trips, but if you are hankering for some cute Mickey pictures, please refer to the previous post, or any of the countless Disney pictures posted over the last couple of years. :)


(Cute daddy and Sam on Thomas ride)

In other news, I am beginning to enjoy the second trimester. The first trimester was particularly difficult, but things seem to be getting a bit easier each day now. In a couple weeks we will get to find out the baby's gender, and we can't wait! Sam is prepared for either scenario. If it is a boy, he says he will name him "Blue" and if it is a girl, he will name her "pink."
Sometimes Sam will come up to my stomach and tell stories to the baby. He likes to make up stories about knights in shining armor, Captain Hook, etc. He also likes to stack toys on my stomach to share with the baby his favorite toys. I can tell that Sam is going to be an excellent big brother! :)

6 comments:

  1. Sam is a sweet little boy, he is going to be a great brother!! I cant wait to find out what baby #2 is!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO CUTE!!! I can't wait for you to find out. Sam is so ready to have a sibling. I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you were pregnant! Congrats. I hope you are feeling well and getting excited for lots of change in life.

    Astyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited to know if baby is a boy or girl! I'm secretly hoping you have a boy so we can have boys together :) Sam is going to be an awesome big brother. He's such a sweet boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must be behind on your updates b/c I didn't know either!!! Congrats girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Bethany & Aaron! I am so excited for you. Please let me know when you find out what you are having. I hope that all is well. We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete